How many moving boxes will you need to move?
As you plan your move, one of the main details you’ll need to know is the number of boxes you’ll require for your belongings. Moving is nearly impossible to succeed without cardboard boxes. When you move from point A to point B, these boxes will be where your belongings are. They are essential.
The boxes you’ll require couldn’t be more precise, but we have some tips for estimating the amount. Ideally, you will have a few boxes left over or need more.
Every House is Unique
The average amount of cardboard boxes needed for a move is around 60. Here are a few variables that influence the number you’ll need for your particular activity:
- Fair Footage: The size of your home or the square footage of your house is an essential indicator of how much stuff you own. If you have a larger home, you will likely require more boxes.
- Room Spaces: The larger the space within your house, the more stuff you might have and the more boxes you need.
- Occupants: If there’s just one person in a house, that’s much less to transport than a home that six people occupy.
- Lifestyle: Are you a minimalist, or are you a maximalist? It will determine the number of boxes you require.
- Time Spent at Residence: As time passes, it’s natural to accumulate more possessions. If you’ve spent some time in the house you’re moving out of, you’ll likely have fewer things than if you’ve been there for a long time.
Condition of boxes
Another critical aspect is ensuring the boxes are in excellent working order. Inspect second-hand packages before you use them, as they may be more trouble than they’re worth.
Before you begin packing, be sure the boxes you’ve got are:
- Strong: The boxes must feel solid and able and should not have holes, rips, or wet spots.
- Clean: When you accept second-hand boxes, be mindful of cleanliness. If you suspect boxes are dirty, it is best to avoid them.
- Dry: If you see indications of water damage or mold growth, don’t use the boxes.
How do I estimate the number of boxes required?
Here’s a quick overview of the number of medium and large, as well as extra-large and wardrobe-sized storage boxes you’ll require for various home sizes.
- Studio apartment: 16 medium, 14 large, 8 extra-large, 4 wardrobes.
- 1-Bedroom apartment: 21 medium, 17 large, 9 extra-large, 4 wardrobes.
- 2-Bedroom apartment: 31 medium, 23 large, 11 extra-large, 5 wardrobes.
- 3-Bedroom house with three bedrooms: 46 medium, 32 large, 14 extra-large, 5 wardrobes.
Next comes packing it, which can be a daunting undertaking, but if you have the right tools and a good idea of the number of boxes you’ll require, you can complete the task. Be aware that it’s better to have more boxes than enough!
Choosing New Beginnings Moving and Hauling to provide your packing needs is a smart choice that will help you save time and stress, and ultimately ensure a smooth moving experience. With their highly professional and trained staff, top-quality packing materials, customized service, and reasonable prices you can be assured that your belongings will be treated with the utmost care and concern. When you choose New Beginnings, you’ll feel secure knowing that you are in the capable hands of highly skilled professionals movers who are dedicated to providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction. When you are planning your next move take a look at New Beginnings Moving and Hauling the best choice for exceptional packing services you can trust.